Interim Vetting Committee Members
Fredah Rajab – Chair
Who Can Be The Vetting Committee Member?
- Must be an Active member who has consistently contributed to monthly deposits to K-NADS Savings account for the last SIX months.
- Must be able and willing to work closely with other Board members and members of other Committees.
- Must have knowledge of K-NADS, its Core Values, and The Cooperative Society Act in general.
- Must be actively involved in K-NADS activities, including recruiting, educating, marketing, on social media, in person or any other K-NADS business.
- Must meet eligibility criteria as laid out in our K-NADS ByLaws.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills.
- Must have a valid Kenyan identity.
- Must be willing to work without pay (Pro Bono), except for the agreed seating allowance.
- Must be available and flexible to attend Board/Committee meetings at the request of the Board and be aware that these meetings often run for long hours.
- Must not openly voice political opinions that could jeopardize/compromise the integrity of K-NADS affairs on social media or any K-NADS forums.
- Accept to serve on as needed basis.
Functions of the Vetting Committee
- To ensure that elections are held as stipulated in the K-NADS ByLaws.
- To thoroughly vetting members of the Board, and other committees as stipulated by the K-NADS ByLaws, or/and as voted by the Members.
- To ensure that only members that have the best interest of K-NADS and will abide by the Code of Ethics are selected to the Board and other committees.
- To report the vetted results of each nominee with reasons as to why each did not meet the requirements per listed criteria for the vetting members.
- To report the evaluation of each nominee with recommendations for those who meet the criteria.
- To ensure only the most qualified and competent nominees are elected into the Boars, the Supervisory and all other Committees per the criteria set forth.
- To report to the Board in a timely manner the elected members of the board and other committees so as to enable a timely reporting to the Cooperative society/Commissioners as required by the ByLaws.
Meetings of the Vetting Committee
- Meet as required based on the need of nominations needed.
- The Credit officer of the society shall at all times make available to the Credit committee.
- The Vetting Committee meeting in normally chaired by the chairperson.